Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) is a SaaS platform offered by Salesforce that simplifies marketing automation and improves customer engagement. It has the capabilities to handle multiple facets of marketing such as email and marketing automation, audience building, segmentation, multi-channel campaign execution, dynamic customer journeys, real-time customer engagement, campaign analytics, data management, advertising, and social media, mobile messaging, and push notifications, etc.
This feature-rich platform helps Salesforce marketing cloud experts in the following areas:
- Creating responsive, customized templates to reach more customers
- Segmenting subscribers list using AI-based intelligence
- Leveraging and analyzing customer data from multiple digital channels
- Sending personalized one-on-one messages to improve subscriber engagement
- Automating customer journeys from end-to-end
- Analyzing campaign performances and making necessary changes
It includes a range of functionalities and useful tools that help you design and execute winning email marketing campaigns for your brand. But to make sure you utilize the platform optimally, it is important to take help from the experts. Your team needs to understand your business needs and help you gather valuable customer data, and build a campaign that delivers exceptional brand experiences across multiple channels.
Keep reading to find out how to hire the right SFMC expert for your business.
Table of Contents
The Role of a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Expert
SFMC experts help you simplify the complexities of the platform and build a unique and most suitable email marketing solution for your business in the shortest time possible. They extract relevant customer data and customize your campaign based on your business needs, manage security configurations and dashboards, as well as the administrative interface. A trusted SFMC expert will help you identify your pain points and unique requirements and strategize a plan for implementing Salesforce marketing automation for your business. Hiring the right expert takes away the burden of training your employees for using the platform and carrying out expensive trial-and-error experiments.
They will carry a perfect blend of experience and knowledge of implementing Salesforce Marketing Cloud and all its associated tools to help you to:
- Build winning, responsive email campaigns by utilizing content builder and other email studio tools
- Configure segmentation tools as per your business data and needs
- Build relational data models
- Implement effective subscriber/customer acquisition strategies
- Build subscriber lists and data extensions
- Suggest A/B testing strategies for your campaigns
- Import suitable data from multiple channels as per business needs
Their command in the tools will also support you in making real-time data-driven decisions, tracking campaign performance, and optimizing your campaigns based on your business goals, and thereby help you get the best returns for your marketing investments.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Expert: Certifications To Look For
Salesforce recognizes the expertise and skills of the marketing cloud specialists with 27 certifications and 17 super badges that cover various specialist roles from developer to administrator and from consultants to architects. So, while you are looking to hire an expert for your business, you must look for the following certifications based on the support you need.
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Developer
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Developer
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
Building An In-house Team Vs. Hiring Dedicated Sfmc Experts: What To Choose?
To manage the complexities of SFMC and to get the most out of the platform, it is crucial to hire a Salesforce Marketing Cloud expert. But, whether to recruit an in-house team or outsource the work to a dedicated expert or a development partner is the choice you must make.
To help you decide, here are the pros and cons of having an in-house team and hiring a dedicated SFMC expert.
Pros of an In-house Team
- You have complete control over the implementation process
- The team will be available to resolve issues quickly with the least downtime
- The team members are better connected and well-aligned to the campaign goals and business vision
- There will be a better focus for developing and optimizing the project
Cons of an In-house Team
- The recruitment process is expensive and time-consuming
- There is a scarcity of skilled professionals with the right mix of functional and soft skills
- There may be challenges in scaling your team based on the growing user base or changing business needs
- You need to manage healthcare, office space, salaries, utilities, insurance, etc. for the in-house team
- If the team is large, the ROI will be substantially low
Pros of a Dedicated Agency
- Comparatively less expensive than hiring an internal team
- The agency will have expertise and experience in best practices and handling challenges and pitfalls
- Hiring needs to be done just once with pricing flexibility
- Can be easily scaled as per changing requirements
- Can resolve issues faster by providing extended support whenever required
Cons of a Dedicated Agency
- There may be less control over the team and their daily activities
- The agency may be working on other client projects as well, which can cause delays and distractions
- Their culture and organizational hierarchy may be different, which may cause clashes with your internal teams
- It can be challenging to achieve long-term support and scalability
With Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s powerful email marketing automation capabilities, you can build effective email marketing campaigns, serve your customers better and gain a competitive advantage over your competitors.
Are you a non-tech company looking for consulting expertise and technical support for implementing SFMC? Do you require an experienced development partner to help you build your MVP quickly? If yes, hiring a dedicated SFMC expert would be the right thing to do!
Follow techwaver for more!