In the world of mathematics, the triangle with all the sides as equal is known as the equilateral triangle and further, it is very much important for people to be clear about the concept that an equilateral triangle will be also known as a regular polygon with three equal sides.
An equilateral triangle is the one in which all three sides and angles are also equal and the value of each angle in this particular case will be 60°. Because of this particular property, this particular triangle is also known as an equiangular triangle and this triangle is considered to be the regular polygon or the regular triangle in which all sides and angles are equal.
Table of Contents
Good Command Of The Topic Of An Equilateral Triangle
Triangles are very well categorised into different kinds of options depending on their sides for example Isosceles triangle, scalene triangle and the equilateral triangle. Following are some of the basic points of differences which people need to know:
- In the cases of scalene triangle, all the sides of the triangle will not be of equal length and the angle will also be not equal
- In the cases of the Isosceles triangle, only two sides will be equal and opposite sides of equal length will also be having the opposite angles as equal.
- In the case of an equilateral triangle, all three sides and all three angles will be equal which is the most special property of this particular triangle.
Some of the most common properties of the equilateral triangle have been explained as follows:
- Sides will be equal in terms of measurement
- Angles of the equilateral triangle will be congruent and will be equal to 60°
- This is the regular polygon because it will be having three sides
- The perpendicular drawn from any kind of vertex to the opposite side of the equilateral triangle will be bisecting the side in equal length. It will also perfectly bisect the angle of the vertex into two halves which will be 30° each.
- Orthocentre and centroid will be the same points
- Median, angle bisector and the altitude of the equilateral triangle will be seen
- The area of an equilateral triangle in this particular case will be under the root into side squared/four
- The perimeter of the triangle in this particular case will be three into the value of side
- The Sum of all the angles of the equilateral triangle will be equal to 180° only.
It is very much important for people to be clear about the basic calculations of the area of the equilateral triangle and perimeter of the equilateral triangle so that everybody will be on the right track of dealing with the things and further people will be able to indulge in the proper calculations at all times without any kind of hassle. Having a clear idea about the basic technicalities in this particular field is very much important so that there will be no chance of any kind of doubt at any point of time in the minds of individuals especially while solving the questions.
Further, it is very much important for people to note down that derivation of the area of an equilateral triangle is a very important topic to be studied by people and some of the basic categorisations are:
- Using the general area of a triangle formula
- Utilisation of the herons formula
- With the utilisation of the trigonometry.
Hence, being clear about all the above-mentioned points is very much advisable for people so that everybody will be having a good command over the topic of equilateral triangle without any kind of doubt. Apart from this depending on platforms like Cuemath is the perfect opportunity of having a good hold over the mathematical topics in a hassle-free manner.
Follow TechWaver for more!