Are you tired of your back aching after a day’s work? Is your productivity decreasing day by day? We have all been there, sitting on a plastic chair, your back screaming at you to move, your body numb, wondering why you can’t get comfortable, well why not invest in an ergonomic office chair. In this article I will explain to you why getting an ergonomic chair is so important.
Table of Contents
What is an ergonomic office chair
Picture the classic corporate America offices, big luxurious leather chairs that your body practically sinks into, being able to adjust the chair in such a vast number of ways, that’s exactly what an ergonomic office chair is. An absolute essential for anyone who is serious about taking their work to the next level.
What is the difference between an ergonomic office chair and an everyday plastic chair?
The number one difference between an ergonomic office chair and an everyday plastic chair is adaptability. You can adapt your ergonomic computer chair in many ways.
- Height adjustment feature– ensures that anyone can use the chair, it does not discriminate what height you are, you can adjust it to whatever suits you.
- Depth adjustment feature- this feature helps to distribute weight evenly across the seat, it takes the bodyweight off your legs and helps increase blood flow around the lower part of your body.
- Adjustable armrests– provides support for your hands, can improve typing speed which then allows you to get through more work quicker.
- Swivel base– allows you to move quickly throughout your office, you can switch desks effortlessly without causing disruption to your workflow.
- Backrest adjustments– the essential component of this chair, comfortable back support which helps align the spin alleviating any problems the spine may have, true luxury for someone who is looking to work consistent hours.
Everyday plastic chair
- Four simple legs
- Cheap plastic
- Hardly durable
- Not adjustable
- Body begins to ache after thirty minutes
After reading those it really does make it a simple choice as to why you should be getting an ergonomic chair. The differences truly are night and day between the two.
The health risks that come if you don’t have an ergonomic chair
- Back and scapular problems
- Neck soreness
- Tightness in shoulders
These are all proven health problems that occur when not sitting in an ergonomic chair, your posture tends to take a huge decline as you become more and more hunched over, day by day. A poor sitting posture can lead to compression on the discs in your spine and end up with you having chronic pain. Therefore, you need to invest in your health and comfort into an ergonomic chair. The back support in an ergonomic chair will completely eliminate the risk of poor posture and your spine will thank you for it.
The benefits of investing in an ergonomic chair
- Productivity increases– Sometimes the pain from sitting on a normal chair can seriously affect your working day you’re aching and can’t get comfortable. It starts taking over your mind and you begin to focus more on how tight you feel rather than your work.
- They accommodate different users– The ergonomic chair is ready to adapt to you, this means you know for a fact you will be able to become comfortable, you are not taking a gamble on your health and comfortability.
- Elongates your spine– This means the organs inside your abdomen begin to open, your breathing will drastically improve and you will feel a deeper sense of relaxation while at your desk.
The final point I would just like to make is to think of this purchase as an investment. For most of the week, you spend such a gruelling amount of time a day sitting behind your desk, all those hours add up if you really do care about your own comfort and health then you will buy an ergonomic chair. If you do not want to sit all day, you can also go with the l shaped standing desk which allows you to stand while working. You will avoid all common office worker health problems such as deep vein thrombosis, sciatica, and spinal stenosis. You really can’t afford not to invest in one; it could seriously make a significant impact on your career.
Follow TechWaver for more!